Sunday, May 9, 2021

My Trip to the Grand Canyon


In my last blog, I told you that my husband, Mom and I took the train to the Grand Canyon.  If you haven't seen that post, click here. Because of the time of year, we only went to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.  We were able to spend a couple of hours touring.  There are fantastic views.  I have balance problems, so I did not get anywhere near close to the edge.  My husband did, so some of the pictures were taken by him.  The Grand Canyon is full of color.  Our pictures probably do not do it justice.


My Mom and I safely standing back from the edge.

My hubby, Leroy,  decides to stand right on the edge.  Oh my!



Buckey’s Cabin is the only remaining building from the early pioneer settlement era of the Grand Canyon Village. 
Built in 1895 by William Owen “Buckey” O’Neill.


The adobe-style house is a store where you can buy items made by local artisans. 
I scored a pair of earrings there.

There are places to get something to eat and other establishments where you can buy souvenirs.

Can you see the folks on the right upper side of the photo below? That gives you some idea of how BIG this canyon really is.




The Grand Canyon is breathtaking and spectacular. I would suggest you visit there sometime.  One can spend countless hours there and even in good enough weather take a donkey ride down into the canyon.  There are rides to take you to different spots along the canyon ridge, we did not have time for that. 

Have you visited this magnificent place?  If so, we would love to hear your experience and maybe even a picture or two.

If you enjoyed reading this post, we would encourage you to comment and share it with a friend.

Until next time, 

Rhonda (the middle sister)

🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵

Thank you for following us and if you haven't already subscribed to receive our weekly blog post, just click on the SUBSCRIBE button on the left of this page and you will be the first to find out what's going on in our sassy brains. 😉


DON'T FORGET OUR TIP JAR
If you enjoy our blog posts and videos, we'd appreciate your consideration of donating to our tip jar. Our equipment works okay but we'd like to have a microphone set for our videos and with the TIP JAR we can eventually purchase these items. Thank you so much for your support and we value your friendship! We hope to bring a little joy to your life!!

FTC DISCLAIMER: This blog post is NOT SPONSORED. All opinions are our own, honest opinions. The links are for easy access & if you choose to use these links we are in no way compensated.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Aging Gracefully: Embracing the Journey with Wisdom and Resilience

Growing old isn't for wimps, but with a little humor, we can laugh in the face of wrinkles! Aging is an inevitable part of life, and I t...